Flourish :Who is the class for?
- All DIWC members who wish to make friends and build a social network as well as learn new skills through a variety of planned work shops
What is the class for?
- Fighting social isolation by making friends in an informal, inclusive environment,
- Increasing team working skills
- Increasing spoken English practice
- Building self-confidence and value one self, engaging and participating in team games and activities., engaging in the class and asking questions
- Learners who require support and one to one sessions to talk about how to overcome barriers and their challenges
What will learners learn during the lessons?
- Learn different skills for promoting positive parenting and different types of play
- Basic baking techniques (including practising numbers and measuring)
- Learning to cook international recipes and the different types of methods used in cooking by different cultures
- Healthy baking alternatives (by substituting ingredients)
- Reading and understanding ingredients on food labels
- Learning about healthy eating and their benefits
- Why it is important and how to apply a healthy diet for their children and families
- Car safety, road safety, dental health, home and fire safety etc.
- Building a healthy attachment with their children.
- Internet safety
- Exercises and relaxation techniques to promote mental wellbeing